Yoga to lose weight has become very fashionable. Who doesn’t know about yoga? Yoga is considered one of the most famous exercises today because it offers many benefits not only for your body, but also for your mind. In the matter of fact, many people are considering yoga as their way of life right now. Thus, yoga is an ancient Indian exercise that is associated with physical well-being and would improve the health of your body. As one of the forms of exercises, we bet that you already know that yoga would give you an important benefit just like any other exercise, which will be useful for losing some weight.
Today, there are many people with problems associated with their body weight. Excessive body weight would be dangerous for your health in the future because it will lead to more complicated health problems. In order to lose some weight and regain shape, doing exercises like yoga would be very important. Do you know what are the benefits of yoga to lose weight? If you are still in doubt, in the lists below you will find a lot of benefits of yoga for weight loss.
18 Benefits of Yoga for Weight Loss:
1. Increase Your Heart Rate:
- Perhaps, until now you have always thought that cardiovascular exercises such as jogging, marathon running and cycling would be a perfect exercise to lose weight.
- That assumption is not wrong, but it is not correct either.
- Cardiovascular exercise is not the most effective way to lose weight.
- This is because every time you are doing cardiovascular exercises, your heart rate would increase rapidly and steadily, which will lead to adrenal fatigue.
- The best way to lose some weight is to increase the heart rate in a very short moment and then lower it.
- Yoga would be a perfect exercise that would increase your heart rate in a moment, and then drop it shortly after.
- Doing a yoga pose as the sun salutation would be a perfect example of that.
2. Balance Between Two Nervous Systems:
- Most people have the problem related to their nervous system. Therefore, they will not be able to relax and enjoy their life.
- There are many things that could cause the nervous systems to become unbalanced and most of them are due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
- In everyday life, most people choose to sit in front of a computer for a long time instead of going out to enjoy nature.
- In addition, they always feel rushed by busy schedules and deadlines for delivering their work.
- These phenomena would stimulate the symptoms of stress and, therefore, many people would be overweight.
- One thing that could alleviate all those problems is by doing various yoga poses.
- This is because yoga to lose weight would find the balance between two nervous systems in our body, which are sympathetic and parasymphatic.
- If those two nervous systems are in perfect balance, then you will feel relaxed.
- Corpse posture and legs up to the wall are the yoga postures that will be beneficial to find the balance between two nervous systems.
3. Activate the Thyroid Gland:
- People with a problem with their weight are commonly because they also have a problem related to their body’s metabolism.
- This problem is commonly called hypothyroidism.
- A healthy and high metabolism process is very important because it will burn the fats in our body faster than before.
- The thing is, a factor that could affect our body’s metabolism is whether the thyroid gland is active or not.
- If the thyroid gland is active, then we will have a high metabolism and our body will be able to burn fat faster.
- So, doing various yoga poses such as fish attitude and shoulder support would be beneficial to activate the thyroid gland in our body.
4. Find the Ph Balance:
- Most people with an overweight problem commonly also have a problem with the pH balance in their body.
- Normally, overweight people will have a low pH balance in their body.
- In other words, your body is too acidic.
- If the body is too acidic, then it would be very dangerous for your body.
- This is because visceral fats would accumulate in the arteries and veins.
- Because of that, the blood vessels narrow and alter blood circulation.
- As a result, you will be at risk of having a heart attack because your heart will be forced to work hard to maintain blood circulation.
- So, one thing that could prevent you from this horrible thing and increase the alkalinity in your body is doing yoga.
- Yes, the yoga attitude such as the head-to-knee attitude has proven beneficial in increasing the pH balance among fat people.
- Therefore, you will be prevented from dangerous health conditions such as a heart attack.
5. Colon Cleansing:
- Being overweight means that there is something that blocks the colon.
- Each time the colon is blocked, then you will be suffering from swelling, which could appear as obesity.
- Unfortunately, this condition would be very dangerous if you are not doing something to cleanse your colon.
- This is because the constipated colon would affect your mind in the long term.
- To clean the colon, there are many things you can do, such as drinking plenty of clean water.
- But, if you want to stay away from diseases caused by the blocked up in your colon, doing various yoga poses such as fire attitude and below the attitude would be beneficial. But, you need to remember that you need to do those attitudes on an empty stomach.
6. Maintains the Health of Your Liver:
- It is not surprising that when you have a healthy liver, then it will affect the health of your body.
- This is because the liver has a vital function in our body.
- Our liver will purify the blood, detoxify toxins and also process our body’s fats, whether they are “bad” fats or “good” fats.
- If you have a healthy liver, then you will be able to get rid of bad fats and keep good fats in your body.
- Thus, you will lose some weight.
- On top of that, a healthy liver means that you will have a lot of energy because it will store glucose.
- Doing yoga would be a perfect thing to do to maintain the health of your vital organ, including your liver.
- Yoga attitudes such as wheel attitude, cobra attitude, and bow attitude would be beneficial for maintaining liver health.
7. Yoga will Move Your Body:
- There is no doubt that all activities that require you to move your body and muscles would be very beneficial for losing weight.
- This is due to the fact that the muscles are tissue, which will use the fats that are stored in your body as fuel.
- Although you can lose some weight in a very short time doing strength exercise due to your dependence on muscle work, but it turns out that doing several yoga poses would also be very beneficial in order to lose some weight in your body.
- . This is because certain yoga attitudes require that your muscles remain active.
- Therefore, they will use more fats as fuel.
- Certain yoga attitudes such as scale attitude, plank, and feathered peacock would be beneficial in making your muscles stay active.
8. Activate the Internal Heat in the Nervous System:
- One of the most effective ways to lose some weight is by heating the body, so that your body burns fat faster than before.
- Although you can warm the body by doing several exercises, but it turns out that yoga is also very beneficial to do that.
- In fact, yoga has a unique way of warming the body.
- Yoga would create nervous tension to activate the internal heat in the nervous system.
- Because of that, visceral fats would burn and you will lose some weight in a relatively short amount of time.
- Certain yoga postures such as sitting forward bending and onslaught would be very beneficial for activating internal heat in the nervous system.
9. Relax the Mind and Body:
- There is no doubt that there is a correlation between the health of the body and the mind and their weight. If you are overweight, that means you have something unbalanced in your life.
- Excessive stress and depression is one of the main factors why you have excessive weight gain.
- To overcome that, doing yoga would be very beneficial.
- There is no doubt that doing yoga would make your body and mind relaxes.
- Doing yoga attitudes such as sun salutation or breathing exercise would be very good to calm your mind.
- As long as you have a relaxed body and mind, then all the symptoms of depression would be relieved and your weight will slowly reduce naturally.
10. Release the Stuck Emotion:
- This benefit of yoga is quite similar with the benefit already mentioned above.
- Therefore, apart from being stressful, another factor that would cause excessive weight gain is the emotional feeling inside your mind.
- Whenever you have a difficult day, then there will be many negative feelings inside your head.
- Then, he usually eats unhealthy foods or makes another unhealthy addiction in order to alleviate all those negative feelings.
- Those things, no doubt, would cause excessive weight gain.
- Yoga would be a very good option to relieve all those emotions stuck inside your head.
- Doing the camel pose for example, would lift all the weight on your shoulder and you will feel the incredible feeling of lightness later.
11. Stimulate Detoxification:
- It turns out that yoga would also be very beneficial to induce the detoxification process or various harmful toxins in your body.
- Therefore, being overweight could be the sign that your body is full of toxins.
- As long as your body is full of toxins, there is a possibility that detoxifying organs such as the kidney and liver may not function properly.
- If these organs are not functioning properly, then your body will tend to maintain excess weight.
- Doing some yoga poses such as turning yoga and breathing deeply are very beneficial to stimulate the detoxification process in your body.
- Also, those yoga attitudes would improve the health of your detoxification organs and throw all the toxins out of your body.
12. Burn the Calories:
- Literally, any type of physical activity would be beneficial for burning your body’s calories.
- So, there is no surprise that yoga would help you burn excessive calories inside your body.
- Every time you burn calories, then, of course, you will lose weight too.
- Although yoga would burn relatively small calories compared to other sports with high intensity, but this exercise would be very efficient also if you want to lose some weight.
- In the matter of fact, certain yoga attitudes such as hot yoga, energy yoga, or Vinyasa require a lot of movements, which without a doubt will burn calories faster than other yoga attitudes.
13. Improves your Metabolism:
- If you are overweight, it is very important to make sure you have good body metabolism.
- Whenever you have a good metabolism in your body, then faster the fat that will be burned and transformed into energy.
- One of the things you can do to improve the metabolism in the body is to exercise, including yoga.
- So, there are a lot of yoga attitudes that require you to move a lot and thus, it could improve the body’s metabolism.
- On top of that, as long as you are doing yoga on a regular basis, then you will also have a healthy digestion.
- Healthy digestion means that you will have a schedule of bowel movements and help your body lose some weight.
14. Improve Muscles:
- There is a correlation between building muscles and improving your metabolism.
- So, if you have more muscles, then the faster the metabolism in your body.
- Therefore, it is very important to improve muscle mass to improve your body’s metabolism.
- Doing yoga would be a perfect example to build muscles.
- This is because many yoga attitudes would be beneficial to improve your muscle mass.
- Yoga attitudes such as sun salutation would be beneficial to improve the muscle in your legs and arms.
- Also, the warrior’s attitude would also be beneficial to improve the muscle in his legs.
- Therefore, do various yoga poses now and improve your muscle mass.
Yoga Postures for Weight Loss:
So, now you already know all the benefits of yoga for weight loss. So, it’s time to start practicing the yoga pose. But, before you get started, you know what are the specific yoga attitudes that would be very beneficial to reduce weight in a short amount of time? In the lists below you will find various yoga poses that would be beneficial for weight loss.
1. Warrior Pose:
- This is the pose that will improve the muscles around your legs. This pose will be beneficial to improve your body’s metabolism.
- To do this pose, you first need to stretch one of your legs behind your back and the other leg in a ram-like position with your knee in a ninety degree position.
- After that, stretch both hands above the head.
2. Boat Pose:
- This is the yoga attitude that would be beneficial for burning the fat around your stomach.
- Also, this attitude would build the muscles around your stomach.
- So, to do this pose, you need to go to bed first.
- Then, try to move your upper body and legs up simultaneously, until your body forms a V-shaped position like a boat’s.
- Hold that position for about 10 seconds and increase the intensity as time passes.
3. Pose on Air:
- If you want to build the muscle around your shoulder, arms and back, as well as burn the calories around those areas, then you need to try to do this pose.
- To do this pose, you need to position yourself just like when you want to do the lizard.
- Try putting your hands under your shoulder and align your body from head to heels. After that, exhale slowly as you lower your chest to the floor and lean your elbow back with your arms close to the body.
- Finally, hold the position for a few seconds and try again from the beginning.
4. Greeting to the Sun:
- This is one of the most famous yoga poses to date.
- This pose would help you lose some weight.
- In addition, greeting the sun would also strengthen the muscles around your body.
- The thing that makes this pose become famous is because this pose will literally move your entire body through its twelve different movements, from the basic prayer pose to the cobra pose.
- In the matter of fact, according to many yoga experts, this attitude would also be beneficial to relieve the stressful feelings and symptoms of depression.
- Now you already know all the advantages of yoga to lose weight.
- You also already know the yoga attitudes that will be very beneficial to achieve your goals.
- In conclusion, yoga to lose weight is an exercise that would be very useful not only to improve the health of your body, but also your mind.
- So, in case you’re not doing yoga yet, consider doing it as soon as possible.
- After that, let this healthy activity help you regain your ideal shape.