In addition to providing energy and taking care of different important body systems, healthy fats are also well suited to keep inflammatory processes under control.
“Regular consumption of healthy fats is one of the dietary habits that can keep the body in optimal conditions”.
Although it was thought that it was correct to eliminate all the fats in the diet, nowadays it is known that it is very important to incorporate them in a certain amount. This is because they represent a source of energy for the cells and, in addition, take care of the liver health, the cardiovascular system and other important functions that help to keep the body healthy. However, it is very important to learn to distinguish them from the so-called “harmful fats”, since some consumers get confused and end up making bad choices for their diets.
This is why today we want to share 6 ideal foods to eat regularly and, in this way, ensure a correct and adequate absorption of this nutrient. Discover them!
In recent years the avocado or avocado consumption has become quite popular all over the world, not only because its flavor is delicious and versatile, but because it’s essential nutrients complement all types of healthy diet.
- It is a main source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which help to give energy to the body while controlling the accumulation of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Each 100 grams of the food contributes up to 15 grams of fat, this being its main macronutrient.
- Among other things, it is worth mentioning that it contains amino acids and vitamin E, which are key to keeping the organism healthy.
Known as a healthy appetizer to soothe cravings for food, nuts concentrate a significant amount of good fats that benefit heart, muscle and joint health .
- They contain omega 3 fatty acids, recognized for their ability to clean arteries and relieve inflammation.
- They provide up to 21 grams of fat for each 100-gram serving, being an important source of energy.
- They contain fiber and antioxidant compounds that, in turn, protect the tissues against the harmful action of free radicals.
The inclusion of seeds in the feeding plan is a natural option to incorporate healthy fats that benefit heart and muscle health.
- This food, in any of its varieties, provides significant amounts of omega 3 and vitamin E, both recognized for their anti-inflammatory and protective action.
- They are satiating and can be consumed as part of breakfast or between meals.
- They also contribute to improve digestion, thanks to its high content of dietary fiber.
Among the recommended ones, it is worth mentioning:
4. Blue Fish
Blue fish is one of the natural foods that provide more healthy fats and essential amino acids.
- They are one of the main sources of omega 3, an unsaturated fatty acid that helps control cholesterol while protecting the heart.
- This nutrient controls inflammatory imbalances and helps maintain arterial health in good condition.
- It contains proteins of high biological value, which participate in the formation of muscle mass.
You can buy varieties such as:
Despite the bad reputation they had for many years, eggs have become an essential part of any food plan.
- About 70% of their calories come from their fats, of which there are 8.5 grams of the monounsaturated type.
- They contain micronutrients such as phosphorus, potassium and vitamin A, which help maintain good cardiovascular functioning.
- It provides an interesting amount of amino acids, which provide energy while promoting the strengthening of lean body mass.
When talking about healthy sources of fat for the organism we cannot put aside the prodigious pulses. While its content is lower compared to other foods, its regular intake can help meet the body’s requirements.
- Varieties such as soy provide between 16 and 18 grams of healthy fats per 100 gram serving.
- However, it can also be obtained with chickpeas, lentils and peas.
- It is important to mention that, in addition to this nutrient, this food is one of the best sources of carbohydrates and fiber.
Ready to benefit from the properties of this type of fat? Include these foods in your diet plan and supplement them with other essential nutrients to keep your body healthy.